The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hellooooo out there!!!

Go down

Hellooooo out there!!! Empty Re: Hellooooo out there!!!

Post  Deana Godmon Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:30 pm

Hello

I've just done my first event of the year - about 23 days later than I had planned to do one.

First bear with me if I whinge (might be a good idea to tab down to next paragraph!!!) I had the flu over christmas - yes I had given that look to people who told me it was bad - you know the one that says anyone worth anything would manage to work through it. And yes I learnt the hard way that this is impossible!!! Today I worked my first full day since the beginning of december - and it was hard, very hard. It was not that successfull either.

Now those of you who left for the last passage are back so I will just say I've done my first event of the year and no I did not make any money -BUT I got out there, I sold some stock (good as my conservatory is rather over full) and I made some contacts so perhaps in the days to come the deficeit will diminish (I wish we had a spell checker on this - Beckie, any chance?)

I now feel that I am back in the swing. It is so difficult just getting going -I had every intention of making my first booking around the 6th january but was not up to it (refer to paragraph two!) Gala was great - a real inspiration but last week I was haunted by Moira Stuart and my accountant and had to complete my tax return (and I don't even have a cupboard under the stairs!!!!!!!!!!!!).

So. Tomorrow I have a meeting for four toddler group visits (all for the same organiser) and a divisional meeting in the evening. I am planning a power hour for more appointments. And no I will not recruit two in january - but I might manage six between feb and march!!!!!!!!! I have. however, secured 12 bookings from a contact I made last year so I will be appearing regularly at the Museum of Kent Life again this year.

Is that enough drivel beckie?

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:21 pm

Wow 2 people are alive Fantastic!!
Good luck Caroline for Saturday. Word of advice (although I'm sure you're already sorted!)make sure you have stuff booked for your return from Oz or it will take ages to get back into the swing of things! Took me 2 weeks after only 4 days in Monte Carlo last year!!!

Really pleased to see you are getting going Amanda,once you get started you'll remember how brilliant you are and it will be better! This could be your new F/t job!!!! There's not alot of others out there!!

However must ask how come we've had 14 views on this post and only 2 replies???? scratch

Back to top Go down

Hellooooo out there!!! Empty Hellooooo

Post  Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:23 am

Hi all.
Nice to see Becky today who gave me a bit of a kick up the bum and i've spent a few hours on the PC on a bit of a recruiting drive. Let's hope I get something back from my efforts. Becky set me a target of 2 recruits a month and with one already under my belt I need another one before I run out of days in january!

Back to top Go down

Hellooooo out there!!! Empty Heeellooooooo!!!!!

Post  Guest Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:20 am

Hello Becky,
I have my first event on Saturday so wish me luck. cheers
Have a fab time in Miami.
I am off to Australia in March for 4 weeks, looking forward to that.
Regards
Caroline. xxx

Back to top Go down

Hellooooo out there!!! Empty Hellooooo out there!!!

Post  Guest Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:22 pm

I know no-one has any money to spend,no books to buy and possibly no events to do yet but PLEASE if you are online say hello!!!
You must be doing something with your time??

Anyone wanting to get working? I'm off to Miami in 4 weeks and need to get some bookings to earn my spending money!!Arrggghhh!!!! : sunny scratch

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum