The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What kind of events?

Go down

What kind of events? Empty Re: What kind of events?

Post  Guest Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:39 am

Any event and every event especially thru the summer. (avoid anything that costs too much-under £30 is ok). Sometimes you do need to pay out that bit more to get the sort of events where more poeple attend. You need a large quantity of people who travel a distance in order that you can get your message further afield. And have the Free Prize Draw ALWAYS working-you need the contacts and we all like something for free! Run a lucky dip etc for £1. As you say people will happily pay £1 for something,especially to entertain the kids and then they may look and spend more. You don't want to start reducing the price on your kit-you need it as your showcase.

Also as I said in our phone call,sometimnes you don't need to go to sell-you need to go to recruit or get contacts. Talk to anyone and everyone at these events-come out from behind the table and mingle-don't be scared!!

Back to top Go down

What kind of events? Empty What kind of events?

Post  Hilda Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:34 pm

Hi all

I recently did a charity table top sale and sold just £22 worth of books and paid £12 for the table. The peson next to me who was selling nicnacs and things like cheap christmas card packs for 50p was doing a raaring business. On the oher side of me, there were some ladies raising money for some organisation which serves adults with learning disabilities. They were selling things for a pound each. Most people would just come and glance at my books and just walk away and go and spend more time at the other tables. Even the mums with buggies. I honestly thought I wouldn't get any sales so was quite chuffed to get something.

The second event was a fun moning at a pre school. When I phoned, I was actaully told that ii wasn't that kind of event but I could go if I wanted to and they charged me £5 for a table. I sold £8 oorth of books. Not many people looked at the books. On reflection, that fun morning was like a glorified Mums and toddlers. I did live a RSL pack so you never know.

I have seen other events advertised eg fetes, fun days for the summer but I am really loath to book them as I don't want to keep making losses.

So I am wondering is there a type of event I should be going for?

Hilda

Back to top Go down