The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here is a new topic!!!

4 posters

Go down

Here is a new topic!!! Empty Re: Here is a new topic!!!

Post  Deana Godmon Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:54 am

Hi Emily

Glad you have got your 'umph' for usborne back. I lost my team as I was unable to make team leader - I was sad but I am still in contact with some of them and I know if they decide to go on they will get great support from their new leader Beckie.

It's the great thing with usborne that you can walk away and do something else and then come back. I will press on when the schools go back but I may have to blend into the background a bit more if I return to business which is under consideration at the moment.

I have LOADS of stock so will continue to do fairs to sell from stock for some time even if I do have to take a general back seat.

Schools allocation is a nightmare now that Usborne no longer do the overall thing (which they did when I joined). The latest news regarding the Spirit database seems to me to make it further a 'free for all' with leads being given out following orders being placed. I think that this just underlines the need to keep in touch with your schools - as you say remaining just the right side of being annoying!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to you and your girls - keep the flag flying - maybe we can meet up for a coffee and catch up sometime

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Lehane Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:00 am

Hi Margaret,
I am sorry that it looks like that on our forum. I get on really well with the other team leaders in our group and we have always been pleased with what each other have achieved,even though I drove them mad as I always wanted to be first at least 1 thing per month, but that was only because it gave me a boost not becuse I wanted to be better than any one else but I can not speak for anybody that has a problem with me. I have always been proud of all my girls and love the whole team thing. I am affraid the other team leaders have now gone back down to organiser and the team spirit seems to have gone at the mo, but I intend to get it going in my team. Even though I love working for Usborne it can be soooo hard like any self employed job and it makes it better and gives you a boost and a sparkle when you have others behind you.
I hope it didnt look like me that I was being funny, I was very upset about the whole Caroline thing, I have been off sick for some time and couldnt see me going where I wanted to go without her on my team.Caroline and I had our differences but she was my best seller and I get on great with her now and do wish her lots of luck.I can not speak for other people but this forum was always a happy, fun place to chat specially in the chat room late at night when there was a few of us. I have no problems with any member of our group, just want to do my job and start earning some money again.
As for the other thing, the only way they can sell half price books is maybe if they are leaving Usborne or like me have so much stock they just want to get rid of it. They cant get books that the schools want( i.e choose their titles) at half price. Schools are hard to work sometimes but I will keep my eyes open, thank you for the warning. But I do feel the schools allocation will not work any more as it only worked around here because we all spoke to each other, we had a close group/team and respected each others business, so my advice is to keep close contact with your schools (without getting on their nerves) and if have any problems then give me a call.
I would like to think I am a nice lady, it is nice some one said something nice to me on here, as did Trena,thank you, I like to support my girls and will do anything for anybody and I am looking forward to catching up with you and finding out what you want to do with your bussiness.
Take Care. Emily.x

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Here is a new topic!!! Empty Hi

Post  burchett Thu Jul 30, 2009 2:02 am

Hello Emily,
Is'nt it nice to see people can be civil, I have read through some of the things that are on the book corner and there seems to be some bad feeling between certain members.
I know this subject needs to be droped but I would like to say just one thing, was there jealousy between the ranks with certain people that did well. I have spoken to someone in Kent who said they are going to all the schools to offer them 1/2 price Usborne books. How does this affect you?
Oh well end of subject.
Emily I wish you every success in your business, you sound a really nice lady.
Kind Regards

burchett

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Congratulations on your new recruits Emily-it's good to hear you are cracking on with Usborne again.
Deana has no plans to go back to TL as far as I know and I think Sam's full time job is going so well she's concentrating on that at the moment but I'm sure you'll be able to catch up with them to find out for certain.
We have not done any meetings at all this year so it will be good for your girls to have one with you to motivate them again for the Autumn.
Hope you keep buzzing!

Back to top Go down

Here is a new topic!!! Empty hi

Post  trena Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:53 pm

hi emily glad ur now staying ill be at meeting to get myself going aagin and ill help u 100%, im gonna stay now aswell. Very Happy Wink Smile Smile Smile Smile

trena

Back to top Go down

Here is a new topic!!! Empty Here is a new topic!!!

Post  Emily Lehane Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Welcome back me!!! I have decided to stay with Usborne.I have always enjoyed working for them and plan to start enjoying myself again. I have had a successfull time in the show ring(horses) this summer, I have a part time job back at my dads, which I love, but still missed all the girls and the buzz I once had.Plus 2 of my girls were ready to give up if I did so I have decided to stay and get that buzz going again. I know this will please some, but maybe not all. Today I got 2 new recruits, paper work in the post tomorrow & have 3 partys booked for September so here I go. I have called a team meeting and looking forward to getting all my girls raring to go!!!
A quick question, Are we still having group meetings or not? Is anyone else after going to team, Deanna/Sam???
Or are we out on our own now? If yes, does anyone fancy getting together for a drink, swap ideas and help get each other get that buzz back? We always had a laugh, would be great to catch up and see what everyone elses plans are. Look forward to seeing you all soon. Love Emily.x

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum