The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just to say hi

3 posters

Go down

Just to say hi Empty Well done u

Post  Emily Lehane Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:47 pm

Well done honey,(about time to), ha ha. Pleased you have joined me. You do relise that the boss has gone to group, shes going to be so bossy now, she will have to do some work now. I prop wont see you tomorrow, but please party on my behalf, family & child care let me down AGAIN. But hope you all have a great time and I will be thinking about u. I will look after those left behind. Will have to celebrate again when I can join u. Love you all, ring me boss when you get home and tell me all about it. Emily.xxxx(one kiss each)

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Just to say hi Empty WOW!

Post  Deana Godmon Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:52 am

Hi Emily and everyone
Well done emily for a great day. I am having a 'power day' on the house today to try and make it look respectable so that I can go away tomorrow with a happy heart and clear consience and come back and concentrate on my usborne activities towards the end of the week.

I am keeping the usborne site open on my genealogy as if all goes according to plan a summary order should pop up any minute which will result in me becoming a team leader. I assume you have quallified which means at the same time that I get promoted our illustrious leader will become a GE - not general electric but Group Exec !!! Oh what a party we will be having tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on girls come and join us at the TL stage and build this group nto one to be recognised at the gala in January.

Bring on Team Leader express - I'm ready and waiting and raring to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

see some of you tomorrow somewhere in deepest oxfordshire and hope to meet up with the others before too long (how about a picnic boss where the kids can run about and we can natter (although must point out here do not do packed lunches but very good at blagging other peoples food or visiting M&S!!!!!!!!)

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Just to say hi Empty Another fab day

Post  Emily Lehane Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:40 pm

I had another fab day. Only did about £10 on lucky dip, BUT, 4 schools interested, 5 def. parties, did 14 rec packs(9 def +4 mayb)and did about £50 in sales. Am very tired as it was a long day on my own but was very happy with myself. Hope you all had a fab day too. Now it's rush round sort animals, kids, etc, pack and have another 2 great days.My newby Gail also had her first fate today and did fab too, incl 2 recruits,£25 on lucky dip and £35 on sales. So team leaders are we ready to celebrate on tues and wed????? I think so!!!!! See you all soon, must be time for team meeting boss?? xxxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Just to say hi Empty Re: Just to say hi

Post  Elaine H Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:12 pm

Thanks Becky!!!x

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 29, 2008 2:17 pm

Hi Elaine!!
Lucky dip is great! Basicallly what you do is this...
Buy a book of cloakroom tickets and take out the 5's.
Then using all the other numbers fold them into 4 and put them in a bucket or pot. Then put in a few 5's-maybe 4 or 5.(depending on how many tickets you put in.)
Go onto the website look under tools and downloads and print off the That's not my bookmarks-maybe 10 or 20 of each page.
Buy a bag or two of lollies or starburst sweets (anything that's wrapped to avoid yucky fingers and germs)
At your event sell the tickets at 50p for 1 or 3 for £1. If the child picks out a ticket ending in a 5 they get a free book worth £4.99 or less.If they don't they get a sweetie and a bookmark.
Another idea I haven't tried yet is to let them pick out 3 tickets and ask that the last numbers add up to 10 to get a prize but not sure how well this would work. You don't want to give away more books than your getting money for!
You can then give the money you raise to the school for more books,give to a charity or keep it in your pocket!
Deana has an alternative lucky dip with book marks where she marks the end of some. If they pick put the right bookmark they get a book. If not she gives them a copy of the book of books (again on downloads page).
There is also a find the duck game but I haven't tried that.
Enough info!"!!!
Becky sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:53 pm

Hello all, hope you've had a good weekend! I'm busy organising myself for my first fair next saturday and trying to read all the info i can on what to do etc from my starter pack,on the website etc!! I noticed you have both mentioned a lucky dip and just wondering how you do one? Do you just buy little toys etc to go in or sweets or what do you do and what do you charge? Probably sounding really thick here Embarassed lol but just interested to know what everyone else does and what works for you all!!! xx

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Just to say hi Empty Hi back

Post  Guest Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:51 pm

Wow it sounds like you had a really good day. Mine was quiet. I was only at a tiny nursery funday for a few hours. sold a couple of books and did about £20 on lucky dip. No real enthusiasm for parties but you never know, I'll e mail them to chase them up. No recruting packs but not really that bothered because I think it would have been a bit too close to home. It took me 3 mins to get there from my house!
I did bump into an olds school friend from junior school so that was nice! Looking forward to Rare Breeds tomorrow with Becky. bounce

Back to top Go down

Just to say hi Empty Just to say hi

Post  Emily Lehane Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:17 pm

I noticed lots of you been on the forum 2night but no one put a message on it. I had an ok day 2day, I had a small school fate, I didnt take many books, but I done 7 recriut packs, 5 parties, 1 school and £55 on lucky dip. How did you all do? I am at Preston steam fair 2mo. Speak soon. xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum