The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

INFORMATION ON STAND SHARING PLEASE

Go down

INFORMATION ON STAND SHARING PLEASE Empty Re: INFORMATION ON STAND SHARING PLEASE

Post  Deana Godmon Fri Feb 22, 2008 3:13 pm

Yes thanks - I was thinking along those lines but sometimes you just get into a mind set that it seems too easy and perhaps you are missing something.

have a good weekend

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

INFORMATION ON STAND SHARING PLEASE Empty Re: INFORMATION ON STAND SHARING PLEASE

Post  Guest Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:21 pm

I think it may just be me and sam who have done this so here's what I do...
Split cost of stand easy. Own recruits/prize draw leads easy!
Stock-You may wish to bring a new recruit just to give them experience and give them the opportunity to get recruits/leads in which case sell one lot of stock and keep cash yourself. You could also sell lucky dip which is just profit and split that money to cover pitch fee (or some of it). If you want to sell stock from both people you will need either a stock list of each of your books to work from or paper to note which book was sold so you can work costs out fairly later.
Any help??

Back to top Go down

INFORMATION ON STAND SHARING PLEASE Empty INFORMATION ON STAND SHARING PLEASE

Post  Deana Godmon Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:43 am

Hi

I'm sorry if this makes me a typical pink (or whatever colour I was) but I would like to clarify how you work it when you share a stand.

I assume you split the cost equally so that's ok.

Do you use only one persons stock? or do you both sell you own first and then buy off the other if you don't have it? do you add it all up, pay the relevant person for stock and spllit the commission or what? Or do you make it up as you go along? Obviously orders from catalogues are easier to deal with than sales from stock.

I assume any recruit you nab is yours - that's easy enough.

sorry if this is very accountanty but I can't help it I am a typical whatever it was!

(for all those of you who are completely flummaxed by the colour thing Beckie will no doubt catch you at a future event and all will become clearer!)

I'm interested in how others have dealt with this. ( I realise if I am doing it with my team then I can make up my own rules but I just thought I would pick everyone else's brains too before sorting out my own system).

thanks deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum