The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'VE GONE GREEN!

Go down

I'VE GONE GREEN! Empty I'VE GONE GREEN!

Post  Deana Godmon Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:56 pm

I did an event a couple of weeks ago and took an order. The order arrived and I then had to deliver it (around 15 minutes away) A little while ago I would have just driven there, delivered it and come home but today I thought what a waste of fuel and did a search on the computer

So I then set off, delivered books and then visited 3 nurseries and checked if they had usborne cover - they didn't - and handed over my nursery pack (info concerning what I can offer, special offers and Ready Steady Listen), catalogue and latest leaflet and arranged to call back to discuss a booking (managers not there unfortunately or unable to book without consultation). Took about another 45 minutes of my time and about 10 miles extra driving.

All in all I think this was a much better thing to do than just deliver books (obviously I always include details of parties, latest leaflets and a job with usborne in every delivery pack). I have made a WBD resolution - who says you can only make them at new year - and decided that whenever I deliver books I will try to do something as well:

a card in a newsagent window
visit a nursery/toddler group/ school in area
drop a few leaflets in doors (only those that show signs of children - play equipment in garden, car seats or
sticker in cars etc)
check out village notice board or village hall notice board for possible outlets and events

Now- have you got any ideas of other things I can try.

A greener way of doing things - maybe but certainly a way of spreading the word!

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum