The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's everyone up to?

2 posters

Go down

What's everyone up to? Empty Re: What's everyone up to?

Post  Deana Godmon Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:48 pm

Hi There

glad to see some of you are out and about. i did Hempstead Valley yesterday for the day and have a fete on this coming saturday. It was steady yesterday but there was lots of interest as usual and I was talking to the virgin vie lady next to me and boy was I pleased I don't have targets each month or seasonal kits that I have to buy!

My stock is reducing - slowly - and I am getting some response to feelers I put out over the last eighteen months, with some orders attached. i am going to go steady over the summer gettting in where I can but I am going to have a big push in the autumn.

If anyone out there hears of any fairs/fetes or events that they are unable to manage please don't forget to let us know and we might be able to help.

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:44 pm

Hi Sam,
Really sorry your event wasn't very good. I think people are being more conservative with their cash,and this is where lucky dip could be a winner. It sounds to me as though you have too many 5's in there if you had 3 winners!! I usually put about 250 tickets in and 3 5's maximum!! Then when someone wins put another 5 in and a load more normal numbers! It's bad to give away stock and not cover the costs! Did you have wrapped sweets like starburst as a consolation prize and some book marks to take away and colour (available on the website).

Fingers crossed for your next events! Let us know how you get on!

Becky x

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Toms Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:54 am

Hi

We called her Tegan and she is a bundle of joy. Very Happy

I did one of the school summer fetes this weekend and it was terrible to say the least - sold 1 book (at reduced price)!!! Didn't even make any money on the lucky dip as only about £5.00 worth sold and 3 people won books worth £5 each, rather disappointing.

Not sure whether it is because people just don't have the money anymore and they don't want to spend lots at a fete or if it because they are getting them cheaper at the bigger stores ie Waterstones, WH Smith etc that always seem to be doing offers on them Crying or Very sad

Anyway, hopefully the next 2 will be more rewarding.

Take care

Sam

Sam Toms

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:29 pm

Congratulations Sam on the arrival of your young lady-what is she called? Glad all is going well and glad you are still plodding with Usborne!

Think everyone is in the same boat this year-treading water and finding it hard to keep going! Things have been good here although a bit hectic. Hubby is away working abroad now which has been a tough adjustment but we're surviving. I've taken my eye off the ball slightly with Usborne as I've been concentrating on other stuff,but I have a couple of new girls who seem very enthusiastic so we'll see where it goes. Events are tricky at the mo as child care is an issue but I'm ticking over for now until the time is right.

My sad news this week is that unfortunatley Amanda has decided to resign from Usborne completely. However this is for good reason-she is loving her new job and is tasting the sweeter side of life which I feel she deserves so wish her lots and lots of luck!
As always it's late and I was meant to be in bed ages ago so I'm off. Glad to see the forum getting used again,hopefully as we embark on the Autumn season more people will come on to chat!

Keep smiling girls-it's free and makes the world of difference! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Toms Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:06 am

Hi All

Well I am trying to get back into the swing of things after having my little girl in April - Easter Sunday to be exact. So have been rather busy with family stuff etc - very much enjoying having a baby again though and just don't seem to have time for anything other than cuddling her lol what a chore! Very Happy

I have got 3 school/nursery summer fetes booked so hopefully get something from those and then will be aiming for schools ready for Autumn and hopefully get a 'Ready, Steady, Read' booked.

Hope everyone keeping well.

Sam

Sam Toms

Back to top Go down

What's everyone up to? Empty Re; Whats everyone up to?

Post  Emily Lehane Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:18 am

Hi Deana,
I did one job for world book day, and that is it this year. I lost my sparkle among other things. Do miss you, Amanda and Sam, so maybe we could meet for a drink or something? Im not just selling my stock, I am giving up, I dont think I will be happy doing it any more. I have alot of work chasing me, i kept telling them to wait, I will be back at work soon, but its not the same anymore and I dont feel like I want to come back but I will hand it out to my girls & u. I will miss lots of people but when I need some books I know where to go!
Hope to see you soon.
Love Me.xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

What's everyone up to? Empty What's everyone up to?

Post  Deana Godmon Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Hi Everyone

How about a quick post to say what you are all doing - I'm feeling left out!!!!!!!!

Do you all have loads of bookings over the summer months. I am trying to de-stock a little so looking for reasonable priced events to do so if you hear of any that don't interest you then please let me know.

I am also looking for venues/events to sell other things too. I have some ladies shoes, designer and sportswear so if you are doing a good event with reasonable rates please let me know the details and if I can secure a table perhaps we can make sure we are close together and maybe help each other with cover etc during the event. -- Just a thought. Also if you hear of any 'nice' bootfairs or table top sales in your area that allow new goods (some don't) then please let me know.

What am I doing? Running round in circles mostly. Can't seem to get any horses onto the race course and have spent most of my time retiring old ones. I seem to spend lots of time fending off the local and racing papers wanting me to advertise - sign of the times. Will has just done his end of school exams (moves on in September) and now has 2.5 weeks of nothing to enjoy - which involves a lot of running around to sports events, shows, dinners, speech days and the like! My father -in -law has been ill so have been 'popping' down to bournemouth on and off. I seem to have been living in the car for the past month! affraid

The only events I can find are on days when I am already tied up. I want to get going again but the next three months are just amazingly busy with other things that realistically I am looking to really go for it in the Autumn.

It's so quiet on the forum I know Beckie is considering closing it down so come on girls lets use it or loose it!!! I'd love to hear what everyone else is doing and maybe we can all give each other the boost we need to get the usborne train rolling again - or are you all so busy with usborne you haven't time to post and it's only me treading water (I wouldn't be surprised)

Deana

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum