The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some one must have something to say.

2 posters

Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Re: Some one must have something to say.

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:04 pm

Thankyou for that Deana,I do hope you all enjoyed the meeting,just a nice excuse to get together and put names to faces.It must have been quite good as I fired up both you and Sam enough to get going-obviously the magic still works!!
Bluewater should be a mega one,do hope we can have as many there as possible.
I'll miss you all while I'm away-will expect to see HUGE figures when I get back Laughing and LOTS of entries on the forum Cool .
If anyone does have any problems at all please contact Sue Bennetts on 01908 614421 and she can help you out.
I'll be back in action properly from Thursday am after I have taken my mum to airport on Wednesday but will be available with email etc from Tuesday night.
Take care while I'm away
Becky xxxxx I love you

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty meeting

Post  Deana Godmon Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:13 pm

Thank you to Beckie and Emily for a great meeting. As always I've come away refreshed and raring to go with new ideas or re-inforced old ones.

Next meeting 24th May at Bluwater should be really good - I don't think I will be there as I will be somewhere sunny (I hope) but I know that anyone who makes the effort will get much from it.

Have a great time in Monte Carlo Beckie - Don't worry we'll all keep working whilst you're away!!!!!!!!!!!

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty meeting

Post  Emily Lehane Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:32 pm

We will save the champagne for when you and Amanda go to team and the old bag goes to group. Ill sit next to you, Becky always slaps me. I dont even know how many are coming, i dont even know if we have an agenda, so we will go with the flow. Really kooking forward to seeing you all. Take care. Love Emily.xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Well Done - you go girl

Post  Deana Godmon Sun Apr 20, 2008 9:54 am

Well done Emily. I am bringing along Locardia one of my recruits tomorrow. Do I need to bring anything as the party seems to be getting bigger (cups/champagne glasses!!!!!). Can I sit next to you to see if some of your magic will wear off!!

See you tomorrow
deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty recruiting

Post  Emily Lehane Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:07 pm

I done it, i recriuted today. I did my flying step 1 & she is very keen. I cant wait to see how she gets on. So i will be celebrating on Monday, anyone care to join me? I am now more determined to make my business bigger than ever. And i made team again this month so cakes are on me Monday. See you all then. Love Emily.xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Recruiting .....

Post  Deana Godmon Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:16 am

Beckie - thanks for that. It is all clear now and once explained like a lot of things it is obvious and like everything about the usborne system - fair. As far as the second part of the question went I must admit to wondering why we were sent summary forms and thought they just harked back to the days before computers.

Emily - you go girl, 25th is plenty of time! Not the first time a woman's got her dates wrong!!!!! Up for a night in - certainly but a little restricted as graham is gadding about with the horses at the moment and Will is fairly busy but we can discuss dates on monday.

See you all monday morning.

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Deana

Post  Emily Lehane Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:16 pm

From what i can gather, i recruit in 3 weeks then they go on to do flying step 1. otherwise it would not be possible, anyway i got my dates wrong ive got until 25th so still ok for a bit longer. I will do it, i only did my flying step 1 when i started so planning on doing this one, even if it kills me. I have a new recriut coming 2 mo, so hopefully i will have good news on Monday. But boss can go through that one anyway, it will give her something to do,bloody part timer. Will arrange a girls night in when we meet on Monday aswell, we can have a nice meal, some wine and a laugh. Let me know if you up for it. Take care. Love Emily.xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Recruiting..

Post  Guest Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:01 pm

Ok...when you have a target ie Flying start steps where recruit has to do their own flying start step 1 for you to qualify,the order has to be placed by THEIR flying start step 1 date. So for Emily and her Team Leader express,she needs to sign someone by Monday who then goes on to do their flying start in the next 3 weeks.
As for signing a recruit from a party etc you would need to send the order in on a summary form (from your starter kit) with their agreement form The two then get processed together.
I will cover summary forms on Monday.
B I love you

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Emily

Post  Deana Godmon Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:33 am

Hi

deep breath, large glass of wine and then onwards!! Sorry to hear you are frustrated but it will pass. (also bear in mind if you kick out husband you will have to get involved in all that divorce nonsense - loads of paperwork, hassle and time - time you could be playing with your businesses!!!!!!!! Best to let him stay - less hassle in the long run. This rule of life has worked for me so far!!!!!!) I'm not trying to make matters worse but don't they have to do flying start one for you to qualify (I'm not saying this to annoy you just to let you relax over the weekend as there is no point busting a gut to get them signed if they also have to get an order in as well and that is not possible)

On that point Beckie can you answer this one for me. If I sign someone (don't get excited its only hypothetical!!!!) say who has had a party or given me a big order for themselves how quickly can that order go in. I'm just thinking that as soon as they are on the system they have codes but not passwords - or is there a way round this. Just a thought - you can answer this on monday if you like or here for everyone to see. This would be relevant to the above comments too as if emily signed one up tomorrow and they had an order they wanted to place would she be able to get it on the system if her time runs out on monday.

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Something to say

Post  Emily Lehane Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:06 am

Hi All.
Im about the same Deana, doing a school post run, catching up with some hosts and planning what im going to do next. Kids are driving me up the wall and the husband REALLY needs kicking out. Maybe next week when he is out of my hair for a week and the kids are back to school, thank god, i might be feeling a bit brighter but at the mo im very low & just want to work. My flying step 1 is up on Monday and even though i have some new recruits lined up dont no if they will be signed by Monday, if they dont i will not be happy. But have stayed at team again this month, so at least one thing is going right. Really looking forward to seeing you all on Monday, I will have to do some cleaning before you lot come. Take care. Love Emily.xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty More Someone must have something to say

Post  Deana Godmon Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:32 am

Hi
I haven't really got something to say I just couldn't bear it that no-one had posted since monday!

Will is now back at school so I am back at my desk with more regularity. About to do a mailshot to all the schools on my list so that they have something to think about on their return next week. Then I am going to catch up on some paperwork and then I am going to check out venues for my first 'coffee morning party'.

What are you lot up to?
Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Message for Jenny.

Post  Emily Lehane Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:02 pm

Hi honey. How are you? We were on line at same time today but when i went to see if you wanted to chat you were gone. Why havent you Joined in the chat? How you been doing? Got much on at the mo? Got any news? Be nice to here from you.Take care. Emily.xxxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Fair Sunday

Post  Guest Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:38 am

Becky,
All go for craft fair on Sunday. Theresa is joining me although she has just said she may have trouble with babysitter. She is gonna let me know tonight but if she can't I'll see if I can persuade one of my other recruits to do it. It'll be fine!

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Re: Some one must have something to say.

Post  Deana Godmon Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:04 pm

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your comments and encouragement, sometimes you just need to hear (read) that something is a good idea no matter how good you think it is yourself!

I will definately look into this as an option - I am backing off events for a week or so whilst Will is on holiday but there is no reason why I can't check out venues whilst he is doing other things so I will keep you posted. I definately think weekdays are the best plan as so much goes on at weekends but haven't decided whether to go for the coffee morning to catch those who have dropped children off at nursery perhaps or middle of the afternoon to catch people on their way home from school. I suppose a lot will depend on availability and where the hall is situated.

I'll be looking at Ashford andt he surrounding villages and the east side of Maidstone. let me know how you get on in your areas and if you have any dealings in any of my target ones so that we can liaise to make sure we don't hit the same area too close together.

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:19 pm

Great discussion girlies! Just what it's all about-hooray!!!!
If any of you do an event like this you know I'll always come along and help out-just say! Amanda-are you ok for Saturday?Is Cheryl joining you?
Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Town hall idea

Post  Guest Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:07 pm

I think your town hall idea is fab. I would have no problem doing that. When i get myself properly oganised (when Emma goes to playschool 2 whole days a week!) i am gonna look into doing it too. Deana, if you do it on a Mon or Thurs after the 24th of this month I will come give you a hand.

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Parties

Post  emily Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:33 am

Hi girls.
I think that sounds a great idea Deanna. I am going to look into the local village halls tomorrow. Let me know how yours go and i will do thne same.How are you all any way? What are your plans this holiday? Let me know if you are over this way, & pop in 4 coffee or lunch, be nice to catch up. Speak soon. Emily.xxx

emily

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Parties

Post  Deana Godmon Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:53 am

Hi Amanda

I know what you are saying but it works both ways - i don't see why someone would invite me into their home when they don't know me so I suppose we are talking about trust both ways. In view of this I was thinking about taking over a village hall for a couple of hours and having a coffee morning. i would take along the coffee and tea and lay it on for anyone that came - i would do a leaflet drop in the houses in the surrounding area, put up posters in shop windows and contact my contact list. This way people are not inviting you into their homes or you them but there is an opportunity for people to safely view the product. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this idea (and of course hear that you have all done this before and no idea is ever new - but if you have done it how much success did you have?) And thirdly ( or whatever question number I am up to) would anyone like to come and play (selling books and serviing coffee might be ok if one person turns up but if three or four arrive I might be a bit pushed!!!!!!!!!)

I am thinking of doing a newsletter with offers and droppping it through doors (or even posting the new usborne leaflet through a few test doors and seeing if anyone responds). I have always understood that if you get a response from 1% (by that I mean a call, email or request for more information) then your mailshot is a success, when it comes to sales the percentage will be in minor points I would suggest.

Sorry to ramble but the longer I stay on here the longer I stay away from the spring cleaning. Today's non-usborne advise - when buying a venetian blind for the bathroom no matter how good a black one will look do not be tempted!!!!!!! either that or make sure you employ a cleaner! Laughing

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Something to say

Post  Guest Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:04 pm

I'm gonna do a leaflet drop for new recruits soon. I'm waiting till I have my website so i have somewhere for them to look at! I'm a bit of a wimp when it comes to doing parties in peoples homes. I wouldn't go to someones house that I had put a leaflet through their door cos I would be worried what I was going in to. I think it's different if you get a party from a toddler group or something like that. Good to put offers etc on a newsletter to drop. If they order something you can check them out and see if you feel comfortable doing a party there.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:26 pm

I'm about!!
Been at the toddler group I desperately needed help for this morning-so glad I didn't get anyone to cover it for me-no-one even said hello! I sold about £30 and got 1 booking,and did £10 on lucky dip!! Real waste of a day especially as booking was a previous hostess!!
Just done leaflet drop in local roads-nothing back yet but can't do harm. Even if people pin leaflet on notice board to use at xmas..
On a different matter anyone know of a good kids entertainer for William's little do at end of the month. Loads on internet-just don't know where to start!

Finally is anyone coming to my Body Shop party,Thursday 10th 8pm at mine. Need a crowd as doing it as a bit of a training party for a new Body Shop lady. Think Emily said she would come,Deana and Maria away-anyone else up for it?? PLease??? bounce

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Something to Say

Post  Deana Godmon Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:15 am

I have been logging on every day at least once and reading what is being posted but as I was doing boring stuff I didn't post. I'm still doing boring stuff (housework) but I have kept up with the various websites and I did sneak time to order some of all the new offers. It's all so exciting - I think this months offer for new organisers combined with the offers is a real winner but I haven't managed to convince anyone else of that yet!!!, although haven't given up trying.

I am working (mentally) on a flyer/newsletter/brochure for schools to advertise the reading sets, guided reading etc etc and am going to contact them all again so that they return from their holidays to find something from me - just not sure what it will be yet! I am collecting half priced guided reading packs and have ordered a few of the reading book offers so that I can do some kind of eye catching promotion.

Finally, has anyone ever done any leaflet drops door to door? If so did you get anything from it? Again I was thinking of putting together a leaflet with details of the great free book this month to offer to prospective party hosts and then doing a leaflet drop - I thought at the worst it would be good for me and it might just work. Your comments would be appreciated.

Emily - hope this helps to make your next meeting with Beckie quieter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Some one must have something to say. Empty Some one must have something to say.

Post  Emily Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:05 pm

Why has no one got any thing to say this week? Every night i have looked but no one has been on it. Lets talk, the boss will start to moan if we dont and i see her every day it will be me that she moans to, so help me to keep her quiet. Hope to speak to you all soon. xxx

Emily

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum