The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good bye honey.x

3 posters

Go down

Good bye honey.x Empty Welcome Margaret

Post  Emily Lehane Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:35 pm

Hi Margaret,
My name is Emily and I am your new team leader. I am sorry to see Caroline go and have said my piece but headoffice have closed the subject, so I feel we should too.I still speak to Caroline and she is doing really well,as she can now sell what she wants, where she wants. I will be contacting you in the next week just as soon as i decide if I am going or staying. It is nice to see one of my team using the forum. My last comment on the matter is, as for the rules, so many of us have broken them at some point, at the end of the day people are trying to make money, lets face it none of us have done that well at it this year, plus everyone says they are sticking to the rules, but have probably broken them too at some point, but were lucky not to have been caught. I am sorry to say that some organisers dont mind trying to take business away from other people too, which is why I said watch your back. If I stay, I will be asking for my teams list of schools, I will then tell my team leader( Becky), I take it we are still doing school allocation? I hope that we do all still work as a team and stay away from others schools. I used to love working for Usborne as we have had some fab times, if I stay I plan to have a good time again, I hope you will join me.Lets get the sparkle back girls!!!!
I look forward to speaking to you soon.
Take Care Emily.x

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Good bye honey.x Empty Re: Good bye honey.x

Post  Guest Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:12 pm

Hello Margaret,
Welcome to the forum! Not the best discussion to come in on though it seems!
The facts were put to Head office by an organiser from another division-nothing to do with our division at all. Only Caroline,the other organiser and you know what happened-we do not. We do not know what was said how things were displayed etc etc. What I do know is that Caroline had been warned previously about selling her goods with others. Even if her husband is the one who does Phoenix-Caroline was asked not to have the lot on display together. Once Head Office heard the complaint they did what they felt was necessary under the circumstances.
There is nothing we can do and now I wish to close the subject.Head office make the final decisions-it is not for us to argue the point. As long as you sell usborne in the way the company ask you have nothing to worry about in your future sales..

Back to top Go down

Good bye honey.x Empty re good bye

Post  burchett Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:00 pm

Hello,
I am new to the forum, and would like to introduce myself.
I joined usborne under Caroline who you are discussing, and was with her on the day in question when the alledged complaint was made. Caroline explained her business with me as she was teaching me a bit about usborne and how things work. She said that she only works for one DSA which is Usborne and the other part belongs to her husband. I could clearly see that the products where not mixed in anyway and kept apart.
So she was only working for 1 DSA not two.
I hope that I dont get the same treatment as she did which I feel was unfare when there looks like there is only one side to this story. Has anyone found out the true facts???????
regard
Happy Business.

burchett

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:14 pm

Fantastic ideas Deana and a nice postitive posting! Thankyou!
I'll get onto some sort of challenge for the end of August so we all know where we're headed in September!

By the Way-the £100 Deana mentions is that between !st Sept and 31st Dec EVERYONE is required to place at least one order of £100 or more. If you do not manage this your name will be removed from the books and you will no longer be an Usborne rep.You keep all the books you have and provided you have placed one £100+ order in your time with Usborne you will not have to pay anything.
If anyone has any questions please contact me.

Back to top Go down

Good bye honey.x Empty playing by the rules

Post  Deana Godmon Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:06 am

Hi Beckie and everyone

thanks for the information. We all know that the rules are 'bent' occassionally and if we do it and get caught then it is right that we get warned off. Or if we are unaware equally a warning allows us to make sure we don't do it again. However, repeatedly ingnoring warnings be they friendly or official and continuing to break the rules should be addressed. If an organiser persists in breaking rules - particularly big ones like trading two dsa at the same time (and the other company won't like it either) then we they should expect to be caught out and face the consequences. It is unfair to all those hundreds of other organisers who do play it by the book.

On a pratical point if someone is trading two DSA's at an event then they are stopping another person taking along their items to sell as very often organisers only want one type of each stand.

I am sorry for the person who has been 'sacked' in that I know she was only trying to make a living like the rest of us but on the other hand if it had continued to be allowed then others would have followed and before you know where you are the entire system has collapsed and everyones earnings are affected.

On a more positive note I did two events this week. The sales were not great but I did make some and the comments about the stall, my attendence and the books were most encouraging. Life has been tough out there - not only for us but for everyone - but if we hang in there we have a chance to reap the rewards when things start to ease - and they will. The one good thing with usborne is that we are not forced to keep updating our kit, attain regular targets or face pressure from those above us to perform (as one poor seller was telling me about at a recent event) and therefore at least when it is quiet we have only ourselves to deal with!

Talking about targets of course we do have one each year So Beckie - how about a fun september challenge to get us all going so that we can meet our £100 pre christmas order deadline early and then everything else we can do for the fun of it (oh ok the money!!!!!!!!!!!). Maybe even a pre challenge to set a challenge .............

my idea off the top of my head: PART ONE: hold a party - either for yourself or someone else AND
speak to 10 people about usborne you haven't spoken to before AND
post at least one message on the forum

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:21 pm

Lots of people have viewed this comment and I feel I should just clear things up to avoid any misunderstandings.
The seller in question was working at an event in a completely different area and was selling other items as well as Usborne. last year the organiser was warned that this was not allowed by Usborne yet she has gone against the company's wishes again. A complaint was made by an organiser from another division who met the organiser in question at the event.
May I remind everyone in my team you do not need to watch your backs as Emily has said. If you abide by the rules and wishes of Usborne then you have no need to worry.Usborne request that if you are selling the books you do not sell anything else that is not linked to the name Usborne ie cards,toys ,cookery items,beauty items etc. If you do decide to take on another DSA sales position you have to work out which one you wish to continue with and you certainly cannot sell both items at once at a venue.
If you have any questions please contact me or Head Office or refer to your handbook.
Usborne will support you all the way if you follow the rules but be warned-they are checking anything and everything these days. there has been alot of cheating to attain targets recently,especially with people at higher positions in the company so the company are keeping an eye.

Back to top Go down

Good bye honey.x Empty Good bye honey.x

Post  Emily Lehane Thu Jun 25, 2009 3:46 pm

I have just had a phone call from one of my girls to say she has been given the sack, she hasnt even been working lately. She was a good seller and I wish her lots of luck sorting it out and in the future.
Watch your backs,if people are out to get others, it is hard enough as it is in this difficult time without people making it worse.Maybe I am better off selling something else. Emily.

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down