The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Deana and Locardia Tour

2 posters

Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty Re: The Deana and Locardia Tour

Post  Guest Sat May 17, 2008 2:42 pm

Well done to you girls and Well done Deana for keeping to the positives after such a disappointing turn out.
Fingers crossed the other events and the parties come up trumps. Keep us posted!

It would be great to hear anyone else success stories and experiences.Other peoples ideas of what worked for them would help us all as a team-please post your events and let us know the outcome!

Amanda and I had an interesting evening at a Ladies night in a school in Folkestone on Friday-not least a laugh as we went on and off the A20 for ages getting lost!! We met some really lovely ladies,got a few sales and lots of entries to the free prize draw-hopefully Amanda will get a party or two out of that. We are also hoping that the school will come back to us requesting a RSR (maybe for September!) and a stand at the summer fete!
I'm hoping the weather will improve for Detling next week and will have my very big recruiting hat on. I've been knocked off the top spot for the Stephen Cartwright award and need it back!!! best pull my finger out! flower

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty Deana and Locardia Tour - De-brief

Post  Deana Godmon Fri May 16, 2008 4:53 am

Just thought it might be of interest to post details of what happened.

Our thanks to Beckie for helping us set up and a great big thank you to Emily for bringing along her stand and for staying the course.

We met some nice people - but not nearly enough of them. We raised around £40 for the orphanage. Usborne books were the biggest seller - always good news that one.

We advertised the event on all the local papers what's on websites and the two radio stations, in local businesses and by a leaflet drop of some 400+ leaflets (forgot to bundle them in 50's so we are unsure of the right amount but could be as many as 500). Not one person came as a response to that leaflet drop. Either the leaflet was rubbish (my fault) or everyone is tired of doorstep leaflets and just bins them! The only visitors were ones we pulled out of the corridor who were in the building at other events - but they were a nice bunch and we thank them for cheering up our afternoon and for their contributions.

The visitors did give us a couple of leads to other events and were going to put in a good word for us - and I think one or two are considering parties so something may come out of it in the long run.

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Deana Godmon Wed May 07, 2008 3:51 pm

Emily Lehane wrote:Why dont you ask Invicta Radio, you never know it is a good cause.Stick some adverts up in local shops and supermarkets notice boards. Speak soon. Emily.xxx

haven't done invicta so will do them now. Have posters for shops and local businesses and the flyers are almost ready. thanks for the suggestions

update: have now submitted the event to invicta radio.

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty Ideas for advertising

Post  Emily Lehane Wed May 07, 2008 7:08 am

Why dont you ask Invicta Radio, you never know it is a good cause.Stick some adverts up in local shops and supermarkets notice boards. Speak soon. Emily.xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty The Deana and Locardia Tour

Post  Deana Godmon Tue May 06, 2008 6:43 pm

Hi

Have posted on netmums. Have also told KMFM, Kent on Sunday, Kentish Express and BBc Kent - holding our breath in case any of them get back to us! Does anyone have any other ideas for internet sites we can post on to publicise event?

We are walking the streets next monday delivering leaflets and invites to the event.

Exciting stuff - learning all the time - all suggestions welcome.

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Deana Godmon Thu May 01, 2008 3:10 pm

Hi Emily - that's great news. Thanks Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty Locardia & Deanas tour

Post  Emily Lehane Thu May 01, 2008 3:01 pm

Count me in girls, its in my diary. Speak soon. Might have to change pamper day date, will know more over the weekend.xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty Locardia and Deana Tour

Post  Deana Godmon Thu May 01, 2008 3:30 am

Emily Lehane wrote:You must of passed Natasha down the road. You will have to pop back, get your bits, have a chat, coffee and a cake. You getting clever like the boss with the quoting. Hope to speak to you soon. Take care. Emily.xxx

Just to prove it wasn't a fluke - more quoting!!

Event is booked - 15th May. Open 2 - 4.30 set up from 1, close down and clear up 4.30-5.

The lady who took the booking offered me some second hand books so we are including those now! So far we are :

Usborne Books, Bags, Possibly ceramics if they arrive from Africa in time, Jewellery, second-hand books and toys and make a bookmark for the kids. We will also have a recruiting area/display for Usborne.

We are planning a couple of competitions/raffles - to get some extra names and addresses! Not sure what they are yet!

Emily - can you (or one of your girls) bring along the body shop bits. As you offered commission to the Orphanage. Might be a good recruiting opportunity though! Please confirm asap and then I can put you on flyers and posters.

Once we finalise the stands we will issue flyers, posters and press releases. We are going to do a leaflet drop of invitations to the two large estates nearby on the 12th May.

We are posting on netmums - again as soon as we have the final lineup confirmed (that's you I'm waiting for Emily!)

Emily - cake, tea etc sounds great. Locardia would like to bring along her jewellery and bags to your pamper event if you think this is appropriate.

More details as and when

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty You just missed your delivery.

Post  Emily Lehane Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:23 pm

You must of passed Natasha down the road. You will have to pop back, get your bits, have a chat, coffee and a cake. You getting clever like the boss with the quoting. Hope to speak to you soon. Take care. Emily.xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Post  Deana Godmon Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:02 pm

Emily Lehane wrote:If you would like me to, may be i could do body shop, let me no.Same sort of rewards as books.
thanks emily. We will confirm booking and then get back to you but the room is big enough and the more we offer the more chance that people will come - I'll have to clear it with my 'boss' - which in this case is locardia.

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty ill help if i can

Post  Emily Lehane Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:33 pm

If you would like me to, may be i could do body shop, let me no.Same sort of rewards as books.

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty An Idea - A Reply

Post  Deana Godmon Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:50 am

Hi

thanks for the encouragement beckie and amanda - will confirm dates/times and extra hands will be welcome ( we might even buy you a cup of tea at Costa Coffee when we finish!)

A good idea Amanda - we'll give it some thought. it might give us an 'in' with those people who say 'my children are too old for Usborne now'

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty An idea

Post  Guest Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:25 am

I don't know if you have already thought of this but I'll put it on forum anyway.
You could suggest to people at your event that if they hosted a book party at home it would be helping to raise books for the kids. You could say that any books the hostess would've earned in free books could go to the orphanage. That way everyone could do a bit to help the orphanage and you get lots of leads (and repeat bookings for parties) and your commission.
Does that make sense?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:39 pm

Wow-sounds impressive!
I'll try to be there depending on times. Have my friends little boy until 11am so depends how long you are going on for.
Catch up on the news next week x

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty Count me in

Post  Guest Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:12 am

Sounds good! Emma is at playschool that day so if you need another pair of hands 'I'm free'!

Back to top Go down

The Deana and Locardia Tour Empty The Deana and Locardia Tour

Post  Deana Godmon Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:05 am

Hi
before the team meeting on monday we viewed a hall with a view to putting on an event. We have decided on the 15th May and as soon as the booking is confirmed we will be going all out with the publicity. We have decided to make it an out and out Tagona (the name of the orphanage) event. we shall be promoting the community book pledge for Tagona, selling books (commission to Tagona), selling jewellery and handbags (and may be ceramics if they arrive on time), colour your own bookmarks for the kids, a lucky dip or something along those lines and a pocket money 2nd hand toy stall. We have decided to make it more of a fair and less of a coffee morning (don't need so many chairs and don't have the hassle of making coffee etc.)

We will confirm timings etc once the booking is confirmed.
Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down