The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Have a good weeknd

2 posters

Go down

Have a good weeknd Empty Re: Have a good weeknd

Post  Guest Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:29 pm

I heard about that-it sounded dreadful!
I'm so sorry.Things like that effect you a little when it's on the news but when it's someone you knew of it must be awful. Crying or Very sad x

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:12 am

Yes i am trying to get a book pledge or 2 on the go just need to make a couple of phone calls,definately a good way to boost my money i hope!!!
Have been trying to get motivated to do some work all day with no luck , a couple of local young lads had a fatal accident last night on thier motorbikes and i just cant take my mind off of it. One of them was my neighbours son and the other worked at the local shop so they were both well known and the whole area is just full of people crying and upset at the mo and its really hard to get going with anything else. Its just so sad, one of them was just 17 and the other was 22 with a 9mth old baby Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad two young lives wasted Crying or Very sad
Going to have to try and remotivate myself tommorow and try for some work but leaving it for now today as its just not happening!x

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Have a good weeknd Empty Book Pledge

Post  Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:31 pm

Elaine-have you thought of a book pledge? If you have 3 weeks to go you could get it started and I think you could do well. My recruit is doing one and it is proving a fantastic bridge to my target for Exec and her FS!
Never give up hope!!!

Back to top Go down

Have a good weeknd Empty Poetry Comp

Post  Guest Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:08 pm

I am still going to offer it to the schools I am going to approach. I think it makes us look good if we offer 'extras' to the schools that are also free. They may be more willing to have you in. Even if they don't get themselves organised to actually do the comp in time at least it shows Usborne do groovy things!

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:56 am

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well Emily, hope you feel better soon x

I'm just putting some school packs together( later that i wanted to but had absolutely no spare time!!) and was wondering if its worth giving some info on the poetry competition still or wether it would be to short notice as i noticed on the website that the deadline is 17th September? x

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Have a good weeknd Empty Not worked and had bad weekend

Post  Emily Lehane Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:31 am

Hi all,
I didnt work this weekend as I still feel very poorly, so I too had a shit weekend. All we can do is to think about the big business coming our way, CHRISTMAS. Take it on the chin and get planning for September now. So have a couple of power hours and get booking and planning what else you want to do once you have no kids around to drive you mad.Take Care and good luck all. Love Me.xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Have a good weeknd Empty Re have a good weekend

Post  Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:06 pm

Apart from spending the majority of today holding down my gazebo due to hurricane conditions I did alright. I managed just over £100 in sales and got one definate party from one of the other stall holders. I gave out one recruiting pack who when I spoke to later said she would not do anything till the new year!

I hardly did any prize draw slips because I did not have enough hands!! I was too busy keeping gazebo from flying off into the river - at one point I thought I was going for a swim too!! I even phoned my sister to come and help me hold it down bless her.

Sorry to hear the rest of you didn't do so well. You never know what will happen from them recruiting packs though. You might end up having a super wizzy lady in your team that earns you lots of commission! Let's hope anyway! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:42 pm

Hello, my day was a bit of a let down to.Bloody weather didnt help either, no rain except for the odd bit of drizzle but definately not the sun and 23 degrees the forecast said! Was cold and very windy so have spent the day shivering under my gazebo (that threatend to take off at any min) and trying to stop my books etc flying away! To make it even better there was a stall at the end of the aisle i was in doing Dk,Schoolastic and Usborne books at half price and they were busy all day. I managed to do just under £60 in sales, a few prize draw slips and gave out another recruit pack so will have to keep my fingers crossed that at least one of the 3 recruit packs i given out this weekend comes through for me. I did manage to hand out at least 100 flyers offering parties etc plus around the same in recruting postcards so could get a booking from it but will have to wait and see.
Just a little dissapointed really in the whole weekend, have done 3 jobs since fri and only managed £110 for all 3 which is a step closer to fs3 although still a way to go but by the time i take out petrol,the pitch fee for today and the donated book for yesterday i've not done well at all!! Oh well have to take the good with the bad i spose and stay positive.
3 weeks tommorow to achieve all my flying starts and around £1100 and another recruit, think i need a miracle!!!! affraid

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:21 pm

I've worked today too and boy what a waste of time it was! Did £60 including lucky dip!! However gave out two recruitment packs so that's hopeful although only took details of one! oops!!! Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Have a good weeknd Empty Suneshine or not!!!!!!!!

Post  Guest Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:53 am

Well I worked today, one party booking but only took £30.00. It did spit and spot and was very overcast, sunshine was minimal but ha ho.
Hope all had a good day keep smiling. xxxxxx Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy sunny sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:25 pm

Elaine H wrote:Keep those sunny thoughts going for tommorow! I managed to avoid the rain as my job didnt start until 2 so was lucky there. Didnt have a great afternoon with sales, only £15-20 but managed to give out two recruit packs so with any luck one of them will join up.One of them did seem really keen and knew a lot about the books and is quite an older lady(at least 60 but young at heart!) looking for something to do that was around kids etc.She is a retired teacher so has a few contacts to! Anyway hope tommorow goes well for all and the weather is on our side, i'm being treated out for dinner by the other half as kids are at mum's so i dont have to take them tommorow so gonna have a nice meal and a large glass of wine and relax!!!xx
sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Fantastic results today Elaine-well done. Feel sorry for Amanda who got soaked today and Kim who only took £10 in sales and £1 on lucky dip!! Really bad day for her first event but better tomorrow for us all I hope!
keep smiling! sunny

Back to top Go down

Have a good weeknd Empty Sunny thoughts

Post  Guest Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Well tomorrow will be a nice day for you all. The sun will shine.
Good luck to you all for an eventful day. sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:37 am

Keep those sunny thoughts going for tommorow! I managed to avoid the rain as my job didnt start until 2 so was lucky there. Didnt have a great afternoon with sales, only £15-20 but managed to give out two recruit packs so with any luck one of them will join up.One of them did seem really keen and knew a lot about the books and is quite an older lady(at least 60 but young at heart!) looking for something to do that was around kids etc.She is a retired teacher so has a few contacts to! Anyway hope tommorow goes well for all and the weather is on our side, i'm being treated out for dinner by the other half as kids are at mum's so i dont have to take them tommorow so gonna have a nice meal and a large glass of wine and relax!!!xx
sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Have a good weeknd Empty Flipping weather!

Post  Guest Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:31 am

I had such a good start to this weekend and then the rain came. I managed about 3 hours at my event today before it threw it down! Me and books drenched Mad . They are drying out nicely though so I don't think I have lost any stock out of it. I think maybe one of my puzzle books might have to go in the sale box but that's ok. The forecast is saying sun tomorrow so lets hope they are right. sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:41 pm

Glad to hear you've had a good day and good news for you to Caroline. Lets hope the good news can continue over the weekend! Busy getting organised now for my 2 jobs after a whole day of catching up on the cleaning. Keeping those sunny thoughts going and good luck for tommorow all xx sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny sunny

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Have a good weeknd Empty Re have a good weekend

Post  Guest Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:32 am

I have had a very nice start to my weekend. I have been working with Becky in Sandwich, the sun was shinning and sales were good. Becky even managed to to make a large increase in her community Book Pledge with the promise of a much bigger chunk to come. Fingers crossed for that one.
The sun needs to be with us for the rest of the weekend. Sunny thoughts everyone! sunny sunny sunny

Back to top Go down

Have a good weeknd Empty Have a good weeknd

Post  Guest Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:10 pm

Well I am on holiday and got a phone call from my new school I am working with saying they have bought £80.00 of my sample books and putting another order together from the catalogue. So when I go back on Tuesday that will be a good start to my week. They are a small school so hopfully we will see a bigger order. The more they buy the more free books they get.
Hope you all have a good weekend, the weather is good for tomorrow but Sunday they are saying maybe showers. Dont let that spoil a good weekend.
Have a good one, one and all.
Very Happy cheers

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down