The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation

Go down

Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation Empty Re: Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation

Post  Elaine H Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:22 pm

I'll definately give it my best shot!!! Time is ticking away and i am determined to do these flying starts!!! Smile

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation Empty Re: Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation

Post  Guest Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Sometimes the old brick wall is very inviting!! I'm there myself-it's not always easy it seems to give everyone the bug!!
Fresh blood is what you need. Go with a determination to recruit. What are your events over the next few days? Can you give out 5 recruitment packs at each?? A Challenge!! I love you

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:31 pm

My recruit came round tonight and put her order through but was only £40! I did try and tell her to wait until she has a few more or wait until i put my next order through to boost it up a bit and save on postage etc but she wanted to get it through so that she could get the books out. She has'nt got anything booked in at this stage so i've given her a few ideas and suggestions so will have to just wait and see now. I feel like i've tried to help out and give her ideas but she just dosent seem all that interested so there is only so much i can do.Have left a few recruiting postcards around the place today and have 3 jobs over the next few days so really hoping i can convince someone to join up!! xx

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:59 am

Good luck with Farnborough then,keep us posted as to how it goes. Maybe Kent will be interested when you give farnborough lots of free books!!! sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:25 pm

The hospital is called kent and sussex hospital in tunbridge wells, sorry didnt make that clear!! x

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:43 pm

Which hospital in Kent did you approach?
[strike]

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:55 am

Forot to mention that i have approached 2 hospitals for a book pledge to, Kent and Sussex(although they were not interested:() and Farnborough Hospital who i have to phone back in the morning to speak to the right person but they sounded quite keen so maybe!!

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:53 am

Yes it is, have managed to secure 2 nursery's today which will both fall within my flying start period.One i'm just going to drop a selection of books at for a week and i was planning the same for the other one but they actually asked me to come along as part of their parents evening which is even better! Definately done my power hour today just need to make sure i can squeeze a couple more in this week!!x

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation Empty Good news

Post  Guest Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:38 am

That's good news. That will help you with your flying start. It's funny how things can turn around so quickly in this business.

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:10 am

My recruit has just called finally and has another order that she would like me to put through for her later today so fingers crossed its a good one!!!! Will let you know later on xx

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:32 am

Have already asked at my son's playscheme about doing a rsr but they were not interested due to a few other sponserd events that have taken place recently so they dont want to keep asking for money although they will probably be interested another time.
I am definately going to approach a few places with the lucky squares idea, Amanda sent me the email last week.I am dedicating tommorow and wednesday completely to Usborne and going to get some school packs organised to send out first thing next week, make some phone calls and get up to date with everything and organised!! Has been absolutely mad busy for the past few weeks and i've really not pushed for work at all as i just havent had the time but the kids have been told and i'm going to sit down tonight with the computer and list a load of places to call.
My recruit has done her first £100 but just hasnt done anymore so i am going to try and get hold of her again tommorow and see if she has done anymore and if not if she is likely to do anymore or not.
Music bugs was a big flop this morning, didnt sell one thing!! Handed out flyers though and got a couple of prize draw slips done so with any luck at least someone i've handed a flyer out to over the past few weeks will book a party or something!!!
Have got a family fun afternoon on sunday, Bromley carnival on Monday(which is meant to be really big) and another music bugs on Friday morn so i am keeping my spirits up and thinking positive! Got another big box of books deliverd this morn containing some books that i hope will catch peoples eyes plus i have got loads of others now so i'm hoping to do a few sale items and a buy one get one free basket or something to get people in.I got around £150 worth of stock off of another lady that was giving Usborne up at half price(when i first started) so i can try and sell a few of them off cheap to.Just regretting not just buying the books direct from Usborne to boost my figures but i wanted the stock when i first started to give me a bigger variety and seemed like a good idea at the time!!
Anyway i've waffled on enough as usual so i'll go now but any helpful tips on cracking these schools etc would be very much appreciated!! XX

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:51 pm

Your son's in a playscheme?? Would they consider doing a quick Ready steady listen/Read?? Only needs to be done over a few days? Or the grid I sent out last week (ask amanda if you haven't got it-think I sent her one) It's a 25 or 50 squre thing,you sell each square for a £1. The winner who chose your winning square gets 10% of money raised in books (or £5 freebie) and group get the rest for books. Run a couple and there's another bit of cash for you.
Also regarding your recruit-she needs to get an order in b4 her 12 weeks are up or she'll be charged the other £95 to pay for her kit. have you tlod her this? I can call or Amanda can if she's avoiding you!!!
Keep going honey-you're doing great! So glad the forum is working for you! We aim to please!!! xxx sunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:26 am

Thanks for the advice, i should see her at some stage this week as i've seen her around when i take my son to playscheme so will try and catch her one morning when i drop him off and see if she has thought about all the info i emailed her and what she would like to do.
Have got another music bugs class in the morn which so far havent been a huge sucess but this is in a different location with different people and have been told they generally buy from people that come in and are more likely to book a party so keeping my fingers crossed and making sure i also have a recruit pack on hand to give if someone ticks yes on the prize draw slip! Just hope my order comes before i have to leave so i can hand out one of the new dvd's or 2 which i have coming. Hope everyone has had a great weekend and sold lots!!! xx

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation Empty Not wanting to tell you what to do but......

Post  Guest Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:21 am

I find that if you wait for people to contact you, you will be waiting a long time! People, especially those with a young family don't really have that much time and things get put to one side and then forgotten about. I would give her a ring and just ask if she has any questions she may want to ask you etc. Sometimes people are not ready at the moment to sign up so you can suggest you ring back in a month or so. Keep her details on file then give her a ring at a later date. Don't think you are being too pushy by phoning. Like I say, most of the people we attract are just very busy so you are just basically reminding them. I think as long as you don't keep on and on hounding them then it's fine.

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:03 pm

Will remember to have a recruiting pack handy next time! I had a couple in my bag but didnt think to give her one when i got the prize draw slip back Embarassed Have sent her some information now so will keep my fingers crossed i hear back from her!
I did the job yesterday as a bit of a favour for a mate and all money raised goes towards the playgroup which i attend every now and then to so didnt mind to much although i should of really offerd books and kept the money like you said but brain was not working at all yesterday so will remember that for next time to Embarassed

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation Empty Some ideas

Post  Guest Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:24 pm

You are very generous giving the lucky dip money to the group! I would have given them the £18 in books rather than cash. At least then you have that £18 to either stick in your pocket or buy more books in for your kit and sales to go towards your flying start.
I would also suggest that you have some recruiting packs with you and check when people fill in the prize draw slips. I often write them out myself so it gets the conversation going. If they say they are interested in Usborne then quickly produce a pack and give them a little explanation telling them what it's all about. I tend not to go into too much detail unless they ask because I find there are so many things you can talk about when it comes to Usborne that you can end up bombarding people with loads of information! I then say I will give them a ring in a couple of days time after they have read through the pack.

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:39 am

Got a nice £40 order from my aunt today so a nice start to any orders i may get with all my jobs next week! Definately feeling more positive this week thank god!! Very Happy Very Happy

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Post  Elaine H Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:02 pm

Thanks for the reply Amanda,

A leaflet drop sounds like a good idea, think i will try and do a few next week when i'm out and about. I'm hoping to spend a few days next week getting some school packs together and ready to send out at the end of the week/early the week after in the hope of getting at least one or 2 of the ones i've written down so far.
I had a job today that wasnt a huge sucess in sales although i made £18 on lucky dip but donated it all to the play group for having me there and i managed to get around 8 prize draw slips filled and not many ticked any of the boxes although one ticked yes for both a party and learning more about becoming an organiser so will follow that up in a day or 2.
I really want to try and get another recruit or 2, i think maybe the lady i recruited first up joined up just because it was £5 and because of the amount of books she would get for that money as she really just dosent seem interested.I've tried to make contact at least once a week to see how she is doing and offer help if needed but dont get much of a response so just getting the feeling she is not interested.I do keep hoping that she'll suprise me though and call me to say shes just done a big order!!!(got to think positive!!!)
Anyway will see what the coming weeks bring and see how i go, i am really determined to make fs3 at least and if can do fs4 i'll be over the moon so really got to push for the next couple of weeks and stay determined!! xx

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation Empty it happens

Post  Guest Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:22 pm

We have all been there Elaine. The weather does not help. I had 2 things rained off which really annoyed me and i was hoping for the sales to go towards my team figures but it can't be helped. I was starting to get worried as I didn't really have much else booked in for August but i looked through the paper the other day and have found 2 other things to do and have decided to get prepared for when the schools go back so I can have a good September. I'm gonna offer the poetry competition to get myself in the door and try and secure a place during 'Children's Book Week'.
I thought I would go and do a recruiting leaflet drop in a town a couple up from me. You never know what you might get out of it. Maybe you could do something like that - it would help with Flying Start too. Take some with you to Lakeside and leave them around places!!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation Empty Think i've got the bug back after a little lack of motivation

Post  Elaine H Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:26 am

Have been feeling a bit down about everything lately and after a few very bad jobs in a row i've got to admit i'd lost my motivation a little! Having sat down with my partner and talked about it all and hearing of people's continuing success and remembering why i joined in the first place i've got the Usborne bug back and raring to go again.Have to face up to the fact that not every job is going to be a success and there are going to be good and bad days!! Not seeing my name in the running for this months team incentive was a good kick up the bum to that i needed i think lol Have put a £150.00 order through this morn which i have to admit was mainly made up by me but only because i have listend to what people have asked for and watched what they are looking at so really hoping i will have a good variety of what everyone wants now.I have 4 jobs booked in for next week so i'm really hoping i can get a nice big order together to help towards fs3 which i believe i'm only around £600 off at the mo! Anyway fingers crossed everyone is having a good week and for keeping me motivated and on track with all your posts! Think i'd now be lost without this forum!! Very Happy Very Happy

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down