The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer Events

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Summer Events Empty Re: Summer Events

Post  Elaine H Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:23 pm

Sorry to hear you've had bad luck with the weather, hope next weekend better for you all xx

Elaine H

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:16 pm

Such a shame you had a bad week-waether was so good to start off too. maybe it wasn't advertised enough?
Still getting it for free next year could be good-see what happens!
Ready for another week of fun? Who's got things planned??

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:14 pm

sounds like a good day anyway

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty Re Nap Week

Post  Guest Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:10 pm

I think we all had a bad week where this was concerned. I didn't even get set up today! Loaded the car up and phoned woman to say I would be there if weather improved but it didn't! I drove past a couple of times but no-one was about. The good thing is that she said we could have it for free next year and they would provide a big tent that we could all go in and would have security on it which sounds better. Hopefully they will have learned from this years mistakes.
I was so prepared for today too. I had made up goody bags for the kids and put vouchers in them for their Mum's to host parties and all sorts. Oh well. Will have to use them elsewhere local.
Ended up having a fab day spending my birthday money and catching up with friends so turned out ok. cheers

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty napoleoenic week

Post  Guest Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:12 pm

didn't go to well friday and saturday due to the weather. High wind caused everyone to pack up on friday as it got to a point where everyones stock was blowing all over the place and my gazebo nearly broken on 1 side. on saturday it ended up starting a bit windy then drizzle the rest of the day so most of is packed up. never mind better luck next time

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:24 pm

jennifer wrote:
i've just emailed you Amanda Smile

I haven't got it! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:05 am

Becky wrote:Hi Jenny,just wanted to check are you still ok for sunday-guide dogs at memorial park Herne bay?
becky x

yeah still ok for sunday. doing printing tonight for the latest offers including kit offer Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:48 pm

Hi Jenny,just wanted to check are you still ok for sunday-guide dogs at memorial park Herne bay?
becky x

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:43 am

Amanda Goodman wrote:I would just like to confirm that Sam and Jenny are still availalble to cover this event. If you are, can you please send me a cheque for the days you are doing as I have already paid Deana for the whole lot. It was only £4.20 per day. If you let me know your e mail address I'll give you my home address. a.goodman@vodafoneemail.co.uk Thanks girls! Very Happy

i've just emailed you Amanda Smile

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty Confirming Nap week Ramsgate

Post  Guest Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:57 am

I would just like to confirm that Sam and Jenny are still availalble to cover this event. If you are, can you please send me a cheque for the days you are doing as I have already paid Deana for the whole lot. It was only £4.20 per day. If you let me know your e mail address I'll give you my home address. a.goodman@vodafoneemail.co.uk Thanks girls! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:48 am

good idea Amanda. I do a lot of events on my own with G G Racing and I find that when I am working with someone with the books it keeps you lively, stops the boredom or tiredness creeping in and keeps you looking interested and excited in what you do. People see us having fun and that can encourage them to join us! If you start smiling and laughing when you are working on your own it has a different effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deana[/quote]

Ha ha Deana-you do make me laugh!!!! lol!

Admin
Admin

https://thebook-corner.forumakers.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Deana Godmon Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:11 am

Amanda Goodman wrote:I have been advised by she who knows all (Becky!) to advise people to take someone with them on these days. It is a long day if you are on your own.
Firstly, you will need to eat and go for a wee and secondly, it's a much nicer day if you have someone to talk to.

There is also the possibility, especially as we all have young families, that we might not be able to make it at the last minute. At least if there is 2 of you ready to do it then the stall will be covered. I'm sure I could always come down to cover lunch breaks if this happens.

good idea Amanda. I do a lot of events on my own with G G Racing and I find that when I am working with someone with the books it keeps you lively, stops the boredom or tiredness creeping in and keeps you looking interested and excited in what you do. People see us having fun and that can encourage them to join us! If you start smiling and laughing when you are working on your own it has a different effect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty Nap week

Post  Guest Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:49 pm

I have been advised by she who knows all (Becky!) to advise people to take someone with them on these days. It is a long day if you are on your own.
Firstly, you will need to eat and go for a wee and secondly, it's a much nicer day if you have someone to talk to.

There is also the possibility, especially as we all have young families, that we might not be able to make it at the last minute. At least if there is 2 of you ready to do it then the stall will be covered. I'm sure I could always come down to cover lunch breaks if this happens.

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty Napoleon Fair

Post  Deana Godmon Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi everyone

Please note that I have now passed this over to Amanda who has kindly taken over the reigns as I am away all that week. Please keep her up to date with any changes or problems - you can post here as she is a regular user. She has kindly paid me for the week so you will have to pay her for your days.

Thanks Amanda and good luck everyone.

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Deana Godmon Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:10 am

[quote="Deana Godmon"]Hi

28th Jul Amanda
29th Jul Amanda
30th Jul Theresa
31st Jul Sam - chatham
1st Aug Jennifer
2nd Aug Jennifer

That's great thanks Amanda I have added Teresa to the list. I wonder Amanda if I send the details off to you can you keep an eye on the event - I am away all week and it will be better if someone involved is dealing. if you agree ok I will pass your details to the organiser and send everything off. I have paid for all six days so if you could all pass me the money (£4.20 per day) when we next meet up that will be great! If ok please email your address to: dgodmonbooks@aol.com
look forward to hearing from you

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty Nap week

Post  Guest Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:46 am

Hi Deana,
I have seen one of my recruits today (Theresa) and she has said she could do a day and the wed would fit in perfectly for her.

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty NAPOLIONIC FAIR RAMSGATE

Post  Deana Godmon Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:19 am

Hi

I have now five out of the six days covered.

28th Jul Amanda
29th Jul Amanda
30th Jul
31st Jul Sam - chatham
1st Aug Jennifer
2nd Aug Jennifer

If anyone can take on the 30th then please speak up now. If not then Jennifer has offered to cover.

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Deana Godmon Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:15 am

jennifer wrote:hi deana it was me that wanted to do a couple of days at this event as it is local to me. i'm available to do 1 - 2 august. if there are any days left after everyone else has let you know what they can do let me know and i might be able to cover them as its not far from me. Smile

sorry jennifer. I am terrible with names! I have put you down for 1st and 2nd

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 3:48 pm

The only day I could do was the Sunday (which isn't happening now) and the Thursday (which Sam has). Therefore I will gladly take a back seat and let you lot take the strain!! Childcare a small issue too! I'll come down for a nose about though!! flower

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty Nap fair

Post  Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:39 pm

Hi Deana,

I can do one or two days that week. Not fussed what days as mother off from work so can have Emma whenever (although I would like to put in a request for the sunny day though! - can you sort that for me?!).

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty napolionic week

Post  Guest Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:49 am

hi deana it was me that wanted to do a couple of days at this event as it is local to me. i'm available to do 1 - 2 august. if there are any days left after everyone else has let you know what they can do let me know and i might be able to cover them as its not far from me. Smile

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty NAPOLIONIC FAIR

Post  Deana Godmon Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:59 am

Apologises for the delay in sending this information but the form is not clear and I had to have it clarified.

The event is at Charlotte Square- Ramsgate 10-4 (stall holders must be set up by 9.30) 28th July to 2nd August.

I have paid for the full 6 days to get the discount It works out at £4.30 a day! It is a free event for the public and is part of a week long range of events throughout the town. I am away for the whole week (moral of story - check diary before making bookings in future!!!!!!!!!!!)

Contact details are: Tracey Cousins 07782145897 and Angela Cousins 07808962003
turquioseblue70@aol.com

It is space only so you need everything else - table, chairs, gazebo if you want one, etc etc

28th July
29th July
30th July
31st July SAM - from Chatham
1st Aug
2nd Aug

(Sam - it turns out that the sunday is not a day it goes from the monday to the saturday!)

Apologises to those of you (Beckie and Caroline come to mind) who have said they can do some dates because I filed my piece of paper somewhere safe! Please let me know if you want any or all of the dates by posting to the forum - so at least I will know where to find the details!!!!!!!!!

It is a charity event and they ask that we make sure we have a stand each day - as they do not want spaces. If there are any days we cannot do I would rather give them back to the organisers than let them down if you see what I mean.

Over to you!

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Deana Godmon Thu May 01, 2008 3:36 am

Just an update on the garden show at Hop Farm. We were well placed and badly placed. We had a corner plot which was good, the marquee was the access to the second half of the show so every visitor had to walk through - also good. Next door was a man and woman selling battery powered toys/puzzles - not good. Once the kids (or adults in some cases) caught sight of the toys going round and round all thought of the books they had been looking at vanished and they moved on.

Good show for money being spent but most of it was spent on plants (bit of a clue in the title some will point out! Weald of Kent Garden Show). Sam took the most money on the saturday but we both also collected names and hopefully something will come of this. A Lucky dip or something like it is a MUST for this type of event I would suggest.
Locardia did best - she didn't sell any books for her community pledge but she did collect some cut-priced jewellery for a lucky dip and was given over £60 worth of jewellery by another stand to help her raise some money - well done Locardia and thanks for your help on Sunday afternoon (not least with shoe-horning everything back into my car!)

Thanks for the lead boss and good luck at Detling.

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty Summer Events

Post  Deana Godmon Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:37 am

I have now been offered four more events at the museum of Kent life at aylesford which means that there will be usborne representation at all events organised by the museum (can't speak for outside organisers such as the wedding fayres etc) However someone from Usborne got in first and booked the summer fayre and the christmas event. Just out of interest is it one of our team who has done this? I would like to know so that we can share notes before and after the event so that we can offer a 'joined up' service to the public and the museum (and keep on the right side of the other exhibitors!)

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Summer Events Empty Events

Post  Emily Thu Apr 10, 2008 3:11 pm

Only joking honey.It must be cause i miss you. Will go through diary and then i can check with my girls too. Will catch up soon. Love Me.xxx

Emily

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next