The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCHOOL UPDATE - DEANA

Go down

SCHOOL UPDATE - DEANA Empty Re: SCHOOL UPDATE - DEANA

Post  Guest Sun Aug 17, 2008 4:44 pm

Will do!

Back to top Go down

SCHOOL UPDATE - DEANA Empty school update 4

Post  Deana Godmon Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:16 pm

Just to complete the record can you put me down for Otford Primary - thisis probably going to be looked after by my recruit jennifer. I did the summer fete there which is where I recruited her. If she is unable to follow up then I will

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

SCHOOL UPDATE - DEANA Empty School Update -3

Post  Deana Godmon Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:33 am

Hi

I am in contact with the Phoenix School in Ashford

I am also working with the new sure start which will be located there from september.

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

SCHOOL UPDATE - DEANA Empty School Update - 2

Post  Deana Godmon Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:32 am

HI

have sent a newsletter to all schools within 12 miles of ashford (except any that are Canterbury centre as I think Emily has done these.) If any of your schools mention getting one please let me know via the forum and I will mark my list so that I do not send the next one. I plan a termly newsletter just to keep my name cropping up - you never know so please keep posting your schools successes to this site so that I don't upset any negotiations you are engaged in and I know that our areas of interest overlap somewhat especially when you get the other side of canterbury (and12 miles is a long way as the crow flies!).

I am also working on some schools around the Maidstone (long term personal involvement in this area and also where my recruits live so hoping to generate some business for them too) - Hollingbourne, Leeds, Langley, Bearsted, Sutton Valence and Maidstone town centre. I will not send these out until the beginning of next week so if I'm treading on anyones toes please let me know and I won't post it.

Just to confirm the schools I am actively involved with are:

Lady Joanna Thornhill, Wye,
Spring Grove, Wye
Charing Primary
Chartham Primary (not actually me it's Beckie who is in here but I'd thought I'd
mention it as we have a joint interest here in the summer)
Junior Kings Sturry (sorry Emily but personal connections here)

Hopefully the list will grow after my superduper newsletter (ever the optimist and dreamer!!)

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

SCHOOL UPDATE - DEANA Empty School Update

Post  Deana Godmon Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:16 pm

Hi

just got home from the science fair. was made very welcome didn't sell enough but got 13 names and addresses. Gave out leaflets to those who had forgotten their money and told them to visit website - just waiting for the orders to flood in now!! Scholastic did OK while I was there (including taking the money for one of my books which luckily i spotted before it was too late!!!) Must say it was a good display including lots of flashy media books, posters and accessories - and some Usborne titles. Title for title we are far superior though. It was a good event with the children and their parents helping to solve a murder using lots of scientific stuff.

I have had one call following my emails - booked me for a pamper evening - then got another call saying another committee member had already booked a book stall so I couldn't go! But at least I know someone has read something.

Finally, for the record. I have received back my guided reading packs with the comment that they liked them very much but they have all the titles offered at the level they need by other publishers! It certainly shows that actually dropping off the product is worth it - at least I have now opened a dialogue with the literacy co-ordinator. Now where shall I take them next?

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

SCHOOL UPDATE - DEANA Empty School Update

Post  Deana Godmon Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:19 am

I have sent an e-mail to all the primary schools for which I could find an e-mail address and which were within 12 miles of my home.

This amounted to 51 emails. I just said in it it was not too late to hold a bookfair for WBD and asked about summer fetes and gave them my website and contact details.
They were sent over two days and I am now waiting for loads of replies (although not holding my breath!)

If I emailed any of your schools and they get back to you then I am sorry - let me know who they are and I will cross them off the list - but on the bright side at least I made them think of you!!

Off to do a science event at Charing Primary School this evening - I'll let you know how I get on. Rumour has it that they have scholastic in this week so I might take along my super-glue and make a visit to their bookcases (only kidding!!!!!)

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:56 pm

I am in Linden Grove School but that's it!
Becky x

Back to top Go down

Post  Deana Godmon Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:36 pm

Hi

I plan an attack on the ashford schools in the next week or so - is anyone out there already in contact with any of them as I don't want to a) tread on any toes within our own team and b) waste my or the schools time trying to make contact when they already have a rep.

thanks
deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:42 am

Brilliant,what have you got booked?
This was what this was meant for-I think it's just you using all this at the mo!

Back to top Go down

SCHOOL UPDATE - DEANA Empty SCHOOL UPDATE - DEANA

Post  Deana Godmon Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:07 pm

I have made approach and got some response from the schools below:

Spring Grove - Wye
Charing Cof E School (booking)
Roseacre School -- Bearsted
Kings Junior School - Sturry (booking)
Bodsham Primary
Ashford Friars - Great Chart
Lady Joanna Thornhill - Wye

I have written to these - no response so far

Tenterden Junior School
St Michaels Junior school - st michaels tenterden

I have contacted/written to

Thurnham Infant school - bearsted (told to 'go away'!!)

Hope this helps and is what was planned for this section.

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down