The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A question on community pledge

Go down

A question on community pledge Empty Re: A question on community pledge

Post  Guest Sun Mar 08, 2009 4:54 pm

It's what I said the other day-perseverance and charm!
If you look oon the news items page of the website all the stories coming up are from organisers who have kept on returning to their local schools before they get a YES. Very few people get a school saying yes from the start. Never give up!! It's not always easy but when it pays off it is worth it!

Back to top Go down

A question on community pledge Empty quck update

Post  Hilda Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:46 pm

The letter does not have the national year of reading anymore. I approached our local hospital and I'm still waiting for a reply from the manager. Becky, I have approached 3 nurseries so far with RSL. Two of them said it was a good idea but had too much going on at the moment and one did not want to listen to me at all. Said to come back in April which I will.

Hilda

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:30 am

I think every year should be a Year of Reading!!!
I take it you've got it all sorted now? Good luck with it-mine was very successful,it should be good around World Book Day! have you considered running a few Ready Steady Listens in Nursery's?

Back to top Go down

Post  Hilda Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:19 pm

Great Amanda. I just checked it out. They are still refering to this year as the national year of reading...Since its updated, do I take it we have another national year of reading? Hmmmn I wonder if every year is a ational year of reading....!

H

Hilda

Back to top Go down

A question on community pledge Empty Update

Post  Guest Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:07 am

Usborne must have known you wanted a new book pledge letter because they have just updated it today! Take a look at the site to see the new letter and other info.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hilda Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:26 am

Oh dear sounds like work :-). The introduction I think is always the hardest part to write. Ok I will think of something.

Hilda

Back to top Go down

A question on community pledge Empty community Book Pledge Letter

Post  Guest Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:29 pm

Yes you are right it is out of date as last year was the national year of Reading.

I have just checked and you are able to edit the letter to write what you want. Just highlight the bit you want to gt rid of and delete. You can then write whatever introduction you like. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

A question on community pledge Empty A question on community pledge

Post  Hilda Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi all
I am thinking of doing a community pledge and looked at the letter on the usborne website - The opening sentence is 'this year is the national year of reading' . I think its outdated because the other informaiton on that page is referring to 2008. How do I update that to reflect this year? Thanks.

Hilda

Hilda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down