The Book Corner
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas on recruiting please

2 posters

Go down

Ideas on recruiting please Empty ideas

Post  Emily Lehane Fri May 30, 2008 4:28 pm

You can come too Deana if you want to come and play.Get your thinking hats on. Got a few ideas. Let me know when you are both free.xxx

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Ideas on recruiting please Empty Re: Ideas on recruiting please

Post  Guest Fri May 30, 2008 3:44 pm

This is a good little chat! Can anyone join in?
As you know I do loads of ads in bigger papers (Raring 2 go,Grapevine,parents News once) I must admit you don't get alot back but I just like to get my name out there. I'm a firm believer in if you don't try you never know what you'll get-except a low bank balance to pay for all the ads I guess. One day I might get a goodie-watch this space!!
As Deana said the best way is to get out there and talk to people. Loads of my recruits are ex hostesses (Emily and Amanda!!) and that seems to work quite nicely! So just get out there as much as you can and PARTY PARTY PARTY!!!!!! drunken (maybe not that much!!) cheers

Back to top Go down

Ideas on recruiting please Empty Next week

Post  Guest Fri May 30, 2008 12:04 pm

I am a bit busy next week. Chris has finally got some time off work so it's all systems go to get the garden done (and there's a lot to do!). I might be able to get together near the end of the week if all goes well but if not then definatley the week after. Unless you wanna meet in the eves (can't do wed though).

I think it would be good to do some brain storming and get ourselves all motivated for recruiting. I got a download from HO today! Helen from Westerham has joined my no name team.

Back to top Go down

Post  Deana Godmon Fri May 30, 2008 11:39 am

Emily Lehane wrote:Amanda. Thought I might go and do some creative work next week for recruits, what you got planned?

Sounds intriguing - what did you have in mind and was the invite an open one or just to amanda?

deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Ideas on recruiting please Empty Me to Amanda

Post  Emily Lehane Fri May 30, 2008 4:09 am

Amanda. I have done the same and not yet had a reply. Not every one would go to head office. Maybe we need to think about changing our ad. I thought i might put my hub phone number on it and not but my name on it so it looks a bit more job like and not so personal. Have you got a hub phone? It doesnt have a local code so might look better. Will let you know if it makes a difference or not, will do it monday. Thought I might go and do some creative work next week for recruits, what you got planned? Do you fancy joining me?Let me know. Emily 07732562241

Emily Lehane

Back to top Go down

Ideas on recruiting please Empty Newsagents

Post  Guest Thu May 29, 2008 4:52 pm

I was wondering that if people saw an ad in the newsagents, they would go direct to Usborne rather than go to my website or call me.
I think if I saw an ad then I would probably go straight to Usborne to find out about it. Would you?

I also got an ad in a local directory and have not yet had anything from that. I got it at mates rates though (free!) so am not too upset about it!

Back to top Go down

Ideas on recruiting please Empty Exec club leads

Post  Guest Thu May 29, 2008 4:49 pm

I have not got a download yet but I have got someone who has made an enquiry through the site and it has been passed onto me. So, it's up to me to persuade her to join!

Back to top Go down

Ideas on recruiting please Empty Recruiting

Post  Deana Godmon Thu May 29, 2008 4:10 pm

HI Amanda
I have a poster in the back of my car about the horse shares. Doesn't produce much but it does make the car easier to spot in a car park!!! Seriously, I continue to have it there because I have seen people reading it and some have commented on it at other times so I know they have seen it and taken notice. It can't hurt and costs nothing so I can't see any harm in it. In fact mine needs up dating and I am trying to work out a way whereby I can put up one for usborne and one for the horses (maybe one each side?!)

I have tried newsagents and had no response at all. Tried in one of the freebie mags where I paid for advert and did get one phone call but that was from a total of four months ads so I don't think it was cost effective for me.

I don't think you can beat being out there talking about it to anyone who will listen - and exec club downloads are quite good too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deana

Deana Godmon

Back to top Go down

Ideas on recruiting please Empty Ideas on recruiting please

Post  Guest Thu May 29, 2008 9:57 am

I thought it would be a good idea if we all shared our ideas on recruiting here. We can let eachother know what we have done and how it has worked out.

I have put some adverts in newsagents windows but have yet to have any calls but they may have been looking at website. I only put them up last week though.

What do you think about putting a sign up in your car? I was just thinking that when it's parked at the supermarket or at the zoo etc people might take a look. I don't mean in the rear window so people can see it when you are driving but in one of the side ones.

Obviously there are the usual methods - talking at parties and events and of course the prize draw slips but I thought it would be nice if anyone had any other ideas to share.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down